If you are looking ahead to get admission in one of the top engineering colleges, you should ideally start preparing for JEE mains right from Class 11. JEE preparation should be more than just learning the concepts, because it’s essential and relevant to be a part of the competition. In case you aren’t sure of where to start, here are 10 tips that may come handy.
- Your first step is towards understanding time management. How many months do you have in hand? How many hours can you devote each day? How will you deal with classes and other activities of the day? It is best to have a schedule for each week in hand.
- Do take a note of the dates. You can find all the information regarding online applications and JEE mains application form admit card on the web. This will help in sorting your time and preparing better.
- The syllabi for class 11th and 12th are important for JEE. Start by making notes of all the concepts and formula as you come across for all the three subjects – mathematics, chemistry and physics.
- If you are unsure of how to start, joining a coaching institute is highly recommended. Apart from the ones that offer regular classes, you can also check apps and websites that offer self-learning options and online lectures.
- Do not stress about preparing for JEE. Make time for the things that make you happy. A weekend with friends isn’t a bad idea, as long as you make time for studies for rest of the week.
- Indulge in constructive discussions with friends and teachers. Apart from getting your doubts cleared, you can find perspective on many subjects and chapters.
- Do keep an eye on the pattern. Make sure that you check for the question papers, overall nature of questions. Each subject has a few important segments, which may need more time.
- Keep asking questions. If you have the time, ensure that you talk to school teachers in detail. There are also online apps, where you can get answers for all questions and mathematical problems.
- Choose your books wisely. Look for the most recommended books, instead of buying all.
- Finally, plan your months. The earlier you start, the more time you have. However, do not attempt everything at once. Concepts often matter more than problems.
Check for online help now!